Thursday, December 2, 2010

And sometimes your heart takes you to places that can never lead to a happy ending.

One day I just realized he was gone for good -- and it was okay.

Tell me where you are tonight, and is everything alright?
Do you remember what I said, while she's sleeping in your bed?
Tell me now you smile hard, cause I don't smile much so far.

You might think of me as just some girl, but I want you to know That I am that one girl who took one look and fell harder for you Then I've ever fallen for anyone in my life.

Just an old love song,
just the mention of your name,
my heart breaks in two again.
I guess some things never change.

I would have loved you anyway.

I'd like to believe that one day I'll wake up and not miss him anymore, I'll finally understand that when he broke my heart it was for a reason, one I just don't understand yet, But when I do I'll know that he messed up and not me.

Every scar you have tells a story, the times you fell off your bike, the time you scraped your arm while climbing that tree or the time...he broke your heart.

Getting over you was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and I don't let myself think about you.

You move on, because there's nothing else you can do.

You can still put a sparkle in my eye and a pain in my heart.

Sometimes the time just slips away, and you're left with yesterday, left with the memories.

Look at how much we've grown, look how fast the time has flown.

Even though I've "stopped liking you", every time someone mentions your name my head turns right toward them. Its like every time I hear it, I think of all that we could have had, and all that could have happened that didn't.

I’m the only one his smile means the world to. I don’t even get to talk to him anymore...much less see him smile.

So as of right now, I know what's best for me. And that's to get over him, even though I can't. My life is still lingering over every drop of love he has ever given me.

Getting over you made me realize how much I miss you.

Here and now, will we ever be again?
'cause i have found - all that shimmers in this world
is sure to fade away again.

A million words would not bring you back, I know because I've tried. Neither would a million tears, I know because I've cried.

Do you ever think about me?
Do you every cry yourself to sleep?
In the middle of the night while you're awake,
Are you calling out to me?

Everyday I miss the you that I used to know.. before you let me down, before I let you go.

Isn't it funny how you can think you're completely over someone but if you drive past his house, stumble upon a meaningful song you both shared, or even get a glance of him on the street....just in an instant, it can change all that. And you start to remember the pain. And that hollow space is feeling more and more like the Grand Canyon with every second that goes by. But you bury these feelings deep down, so deep that you're sure no one will be able to tell. To the outside world, you smile and act like nothing is wrong or will ever be. Everything's just perfect. For that split second that you've locked eyes, a tiny whisper, say 'make this last forever, only and just this moment forever and ever'. But after a second or so, you go along your own merry way, all the while home realizing how much you do miss him, how much you still love him...and it sticks with you for days, weeks, maybe months, until fate decides to hand you another one of those unexpected moments.

I want to be able to look at you and not be hurt by you.

I never thought I would see the day you no longer had control of me.

I just have one favor to ask of you...remember me.

I used to wait for you every day, outside your class, by the phone, then one day I got tired of waiting and hoped you would wait for me, but you didnt. You just let me walk away without a fight... that's what hurts the most, I knew I would have waited and fought for you forever.

If your love for someone is true, then that person will always come back to you.

I live on a little planet called reality, where things like that don't happen.

I use to feel that by letting go, I was just giving up and wasted all that time. But now I realize how much I'll lose if I just keep holding on to something that never was, and will never be mine.

My world crumbles, everything falls around me and I stand alone, I cry alone, I search alone for something I can never find. But this still doesnt compare to what it felt like to lose you.

Most of the time I think I'm over you, but then there are some days...

Fate brought us together, Fate split us up.

Maybe you can look back and say, "Wow … that girl really did love me."

In this weird way…I know you miss me. Not because of what we did or what we said but for what we didn’t have to say. All the times we "just knew." I miss you too and the sad thing is I know you'll never find someone who cares for you as much as me.

If you asked me how I'm doing, I'd say just fine. But the truth is baby, if you could read my mind...

For all sad words of toungue and pen, the saddest are those "that might have been."

There are some hurts that you never completely get over. And you think time will diminish their presence and to a degree...it does. But it still hurts, because, well...hurt hurts.

I wouldn't change the past for anything. I wouldn't change the way I felt, the things I did, and what I said. I wouldn't change who I was, and what you meant to me. The only thing I would change was how you felt back.

I've accepted the fact that we can't be, but I've also accepted that you're going to be that one person I carry with me for the rest of my life, the one that is always going to make my heart jump a little and my stomach tie up in knots no matter how happy I am otherwise... no matter how long its been.

I don't understand exactly what you don't see, if you need someone to love you… there's always me.

Mentally, I have convinced myself that I am over him. I could stand right next to him and see him as just another guy. But emotionally… I still see him as the only one for me.

I'll always love you. Even if time finds me somebody new, you were my first love. From the first kiss to the last tear.

He might not be the one for me, but he is the only one who can ever make me feel this way.

I can believe that maybe now we aren't meant to be, and a little later on we will be, only because it is impossible for me to believe that I could have these kinds of feelings after so long for someone that wasn't supposed to be in my life forever.

Never let a guy know how much you love him, the more they know, the more they'll hurt you.

I've come to know that when I saw you, I should've ran away.

And I guess thats why they call it the blues, time on my hands, could be time spent with you.

And when you begin to miss me, dont forget it was you who let me go.

I can put away the pictures, I can put the dreams aside, but I can't seem to get you out of my mind.

A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who means a lot to you, only to find out that in the end it was never meant to be and you just have to let go.

Sometimes I feel there's a hole inside of me; An emptiness that at times seems to burn…I have this dream of being whole. Not going to bed each night wanting. But still sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing, I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for. I just want someone to love me and I want to be seen.

If you don't fall in love, you can't get hurt...but it sure is lonely all by yourself.

Every road I had to take, every time my heart would break, it was just something that I had to get through...

I have realized there isn't a limit to how much or how often you can get hurt.

This time it's over, I'm keeping my heart.

So from now on, when you think of me, just remember that I could've been the best thing you ever had.

He's gonna miss me.. when all the while I am missing him back.

She's had eighteen years to get ready for this day. She should be past the tears, she cried some anyway.. oh, letting go, there's nothing in her way now, there's room enough to fly.. and even though, she's spent her whole life waiting, its never easy: Letting Go.

http://holliesquotes.com/lovesad/page7.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home